Keep your belongings safe
Almost all damage during moving occurs because of improperly packed boxes. Consider the following suggestions when packing your boxes for pick up and Storage.
- Pack evenly – To ensure the safety of your items and to avoid breaking your box, we suggest that you distribute your heavier items evenly throughout all of your boxes.
- Pack fragile items securely – Place your fragile items in the center of your boxes with soft items such as clothes and blankets surrounding them. Make sure that the fragile items are snug in place and cannot shift around.
- Properly close and tape your boxes – When building and sealing your boxes, you should use three strips of the provided tape for both the top and the bottom of the box.
- Plastic Drawers – Make sure to tape the drawers securely shut. Items stored inside your drawers should be packed snugly so they do not shift in transit.
- Refrigerator – Unplug your refrigerator and leave the doors open at least 2 days prior to your selected move out day. This is to ensure that it has completely defrosted and dried so that it does not mold and leak water on your other items. Wrap the cord up and tape it securely behind the coils so that it does not drag or tear. Make sure to secure the drawers and shelves inside as they may shift during the move. Please keep in mind that a fee will be assessed if not defrosted adequately due to the additional handling needed by our movers before it’s placed into storage.
- Television – We recommend that you use the original packaging materials for your television so that it will be covered under insurance. If not possible, wrap your television in moving blankets or towels. Make sure that the television is secured and does not shift inside of the box. Also make sure that nothing is putting pressure on the screen of the TV. TV’s can be stored outside of a box, but will not be insured. Only TVs packed properly in their original packaging will be covered under the insurance.
- Futon – You may wrap your mattress in plastic in order to keep the dust & bed bugs out.
- Microwaves – Remove the glass tray inside your microwave and pack it securely in one of your boxes. Use a blanket towel or bubble wrap to protect it.
- Rugs – Roll your rug tightly and tape it securely in at least 3 places. Wrap it in plastic if you would like to keep the dust out.
- Lamps – Remove light bulbs and cover lamp shades with a plastic bag to keep them clean.